13 cards Online Rummy is a classic card game that is played online and offline where the objective is to get rid of your hand cards by grouping your cards into either sets or sequences.
What are the rules of rummy game?
Indian Rummy online is played between 2 to 6 players.
- Two decks (104 cards + 4 jokers) are used for 2 to 3 players.
- Three decks (156 cards + 6 jokers) are used for 4 to 6 players.
- Each player is dealt 13 cards.
- The objective of Indian rummy game is to arrange all the cards in your hands to form at least two sequences, one of which has to be a pure sequence. The remaining cards must be arranged into valid sets or sequences.
What are the scores in Online Rummy?
Face cards like A, K, Q, J carry 10 points each
Numerical cards have their rank value as their score
What is a pure sequence?
A group of 3 or more consecutive cards belonging to the same suit is called as pure sequence. A Pure sequence is mandatory for a successful declare.
What is meant by Impure sequence?
A group of consecutive 3 or 4 cards belonging to a same suit in which one card is missing which is replaced by a printed or wild joker cards.
What is rummy set?
A set is a combination of 3 or 4 cards belonging to the same rank but different suits.
How to play rummy online?
- A random toss is made where a cad deck is shuffled and one card is given to each player. The player who holds the maximum value card gets to start the game
- 13 cards are distributed to each player without any prejudice
- One card is randomly selected as a wild joker which means that it can be used as a substitute card while melding set or a sequence
- After distribution of cards, the rest of the cards are placed with their face down to ensure they form as closed deck and there is one card left with its face up to form what is known as open deck or discard pile
- Players during their turn can pick up one card from the open deck or closed deck to build the sets and/or sequences and drop one card into the discard pile.
- The process of arranging a card into proper set and sequence is called as melding.
- The player who completes the objective of arranging the cards into sets and sequences with a minimum of one pure sequence is declared as the winner. The process of displaying the cards is called show or declare